ELECTRICIANS Do you need CPR or CPR/LVR?
Electrical Safety Regulations 2013 QLD; Section 28 Rescue and resuscitation training:
(1) A person conducting a business or undertaking must ensure workers who are required to perform, or help in performing, Electrical works are competent in rescue and resuscitation in accordance with Recognized practices in the electricity industry.
Maximum penalty—40 penalty units
Interpretation - An employer must ensure all of their workers who have electrical licenses, restricted or full, must have current CPR and Low Voltage rescue in the last 12 months.
If a safety inspection is undertaken and it is found that staff does not have these current national standards courses the penalty is a Maximum of 40 penalty points.
Each penalty point is currently costing $110.00. Fine of approximately $4400.00
To renew you license
Section 42 General requirements
(4) The regulator must be satisfied the applicant has been trained in, and is competent to carry out, resuscitation on an Individual who has stopped breathing or is unconscious because of electric shock.
The electrical licensing authority will require current CPR for the renewal of any restricted or full electrical license.
They do not monitor the currency of Low Voltage Rescue.
An Electrical Contractor’s license does not require the licensee to hold current CPR as they are not necessarily an electrician.
The Electrical Safety Officers when making inspections may request to see if you have both current CPR and LVR on any site at any time.
If you do not have these then fines maybe applied under S28 of the electrical safety Regulations 2013 QLD on the employer.
SO TO SPELL IT OUT SO THAT WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE:
1. To renew your license you have to have current CPR in the last 12 months.
2. To work with or perform any electrical work (live or not) your employer must ensure that you hold both current CPR and LVR in the last 12 months (or more often if the employer so desires).
3. Fines apply if a safety inspection is undertaken or something goes wrong.
LVR with CPR Clontarf / Redcliffe Brisbane North Monday or Wednesday Nights at 4 pm to 6.30 pm
3 Courses every week to choose from:
Brisbane North - Redcliffe: Monday Night or Wednesday Night 4 pm to 6.30 pm
Brisbane South - Wakerley: Tuesday Night 4 pm to 6.30 pm
OR Book us to come and complete your group at your workplace
- Group Discount Offered - Dates and Times flexible to your schedule