HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and Resources in your workplace.
Code of Practices, legislation are all requirements to ensure we have a safe workplace for all employees.
A code of practice provides practical guidance for people who have work health and safety duties.
HLTAID008 course with First Aid Brisbane will provide you with the knowledge and skills to additionally:
- Determine workplace first aid requirements.
- Establish and Maintain workplace first aid facilities.
- Maintain workplace first aid records.
- Review the provision of the first aid in the workplace.
- Conduct a workplace risk assessment.
- develop a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents.
- Complete a first aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies replacement and equipment maintenance.
- Used and maintained documentation required by the workplace and regulatory authorities.
Codes of Practice and Legislation give guidance on:
How to achieve the standards required under the Act effective ways to identify and manage risks.
A code of practice applies to anyone who has a duty of care in the circumstances described in the code. In most cases, following an approved code of practice would achieve compliance with the health and safety duties in the Act, in relation to the subject matter of the code.
Like regulations, codes of practice deal with particular issues. They do not cover all hazards or risks which may arise. The health and safety duties require duty holders to consider all risks associated with work. Not only those for which regulations and codes of practice exist.
From 1 July 2018 persons conducting a business or undertaking are required to comply with an approved code of practice under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Alternatively duty holders can follow another method. Such as a technical or an industry standard, to manage hazards and risks. As long as it provides an equivalent or higher standard of work health and safety to the standard required in the code.