SMART PHONE APP:
Emergency+ Its FREE to Download
There are many great Apps out there to assist and help us with information in many situations.
One of First Aid Brisbane Trainers located this little beauty and we thought we would pass it on to you for your chance to review it and and decide if you also like it and if so for you to decide if you would like to download.
What the App offers you:
Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia.
The app uses a mobile phone's GPS functionality so callers can provide emergency call-takers with their location information as determined by their smart phone.
‘Emergency+’ also includes SES and Police Assistance Line numbers as options, so non-emergency calls are made to the most appropriate number.
Australia’s Triple Zero Awareness Working roup has developed a smartphone app for iOS and Android devices to:
- provide the caller with information about when to call Triple Zero
- provide the caller with information about who to call in various non-emergency situations
- State Emergency Service (SES) (132 500)
- Police Assistance Line (131 444)
- Crime Stoppers (1800 333 000)
- Health Direct Australia (1800 022 222)
- National Relay Service
assist the caller to dial the relevant number display the GPS coordinates of the phone's location that the caller can read out to the emergency operator.
The app is FREE and available for download from iTunes & Google Play Stores.
When calling Triple Zero (000), remember to stay focused, stay relevant, and stay on the line.
Before you call, ask yourself:
* Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
* Is your life or property being threatened?
* Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
First Aid Brisbane